Seeing & Believing




Earlier this week, a group of friends at work decided to pick on me just after they'd had lunch.I think it was banku and nkrakra soup, but that's just the sidebar.

They claimed to have seen a couple of strands of grey hair atop my head. And for this reason, they exclaimed, "abrantie wari!", meaning - "young man, get married". I immediately believed them. Whoa!I'm not talking the eloping bit. Rather, the sudden change of hair color. 

(Nota bene: I like the way I've just dramatized the whole paragraph above. Like seeing grey hair is anonymous to sighting UFOs. Lmao. Please continue reading.)

I didn't verify with a nearby mirror, nor did I rush to my barber to solve this naturally occurring "asem".

I'd rather dye huh? Lol.

We often believe what others say about us cos somehow, we think they're some sort of pseudo mirror, that shows us what we can't see without one. And so, our lives get shaped by their opinions.

It has taken some time. But now i choose to see for myself and believe for myself. Hope you do same too.

And oh, good news! I have no grey hairs to deal with...

Enjoy your weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISTA VIGIL

EMPTY STARS

GARISSA ATTACK