Know Thyself #3

Imagine being born on an island, in the belly of the Amazon. The thickets cuddling you with the creaks of unseen creatures piercing your ears.

With beasts that bear no semblance to you, seeking to protect and devour you at the same time. What manner of man or beast would you be?




This has the makings of a Tarzan movie synopsis. But pause for a second and ask yourself, "How much of my environment has dominated my personality?"

It's tough to assign ratios to this. But having an idea could prove crucial in finding out what you need to unlearn.

I have caught myself lately acting out the same toxic traits I so heavily complained about. To say it was humbling is an huge understatement. I made a decision henceforth to be deliberate in my actions and avoiding pressure of any kind. Cos think about it. You only act out a baseline character trait when pushed by external stimuli.

Part of unlearning is finding out what's truly you and what your environment passed on to you. Only moments of close observations of yourself, friends and family could remove those scales.

However, do make sure to own the choice of unlearning or healing. 
Then you'll be on your way.

Have a lovely weekend guys. Don't forget to share though, let's talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISTA VIGIL

EMPTY STARS

GARISSA ATTACK