Miezah Mystery



It has become common knowledge, at least to me, that the man with whom I share a surname (at least partially), was declined the chance to ascend to the presidency back in the day.

The underlining story, however, could easily pass for an episode of Leverage. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, Leverage was a popular series based on modern-day Robin Hoods, that carved out very thought-out and elaborate schemes to dupe the affluent, having erred based on their own moral judgement.
Except in this case, it was a one-man show with swag. Shabray paaa...


What shocked me was the Trust Fund story and the bruhaha surrounding the whole thing.
First off, I'm sure its something of an open secret that African dictatorships and democratic ones alike, have for ages stacked their loot in Swiss banks. From the Mobutus to the Maha.......errmm okay, that one dier I kent.
Let's continue because you get my drift.


In chess, one rule is true; the fact that the trick or trap is old, doesn't mean it won't work if you don't anticipate it. Maybe that's what happened to the many investors who trusted this sole trustee of the supposed Fund that held millions.


Come to think of it, I now understand why my primary school teachers kept making reference to him anytime I had to repeat my surname. 
I would have said, "Please there's no relation okay. Don't know him from Abimelech..."



Slang List
Shabray - a popular Ghanaian slang meaning "sharp minded individual".
kent - westernized enunciation of the word "can't".

Photo source: globalfusionproductions.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMPTY STARS

GARISSA ATTACK

VISTA VIGIL