Never Forever


This morning, I woke up to a multitude of mosquitoes deployed from my closet containing a number of toiletries and my fake Louis Vuitton tuxedo hanging unworn for days. I arose from a nightmare which scared the living daylight outta me, but left an indelible imprint on my mind.

It seemed like a partially-constructed highway which still had some meters to completion. As usual, overloaded heavy-duty trucks from opposite directions plied the uncompleted route with blistering speeds taking zero heed to road-signs and ramps.
A middle-aged lady attempting to cross slipped whilst doing so and one oncoming truck in an immediate effort to avert a crushing impact on her deviated into the opposing lane. The drunk driver's attempt to avoid destiny rather forced her arms wipe open. To make a long story short, there was an accident resulting form a head-on collision with two fatalities and two casualties: drivers of both gone with their mates' left behind.

Amid the pandemonium, bystanders ranted about ephemeral nature of life and screamed standing atop the turquoise toppled truck. Strangely enough, the lady whose honest mistake begun this unfolding streak of events wasn't in sight. As a friend and I watched in awe, without a muscle moved, a word uttered nor a single thought mustered; the entire event turned a bright day black.

I believe this was a timely message to me and I just thought it might touch your heart to know this simple truth: life is shorter than Tyrone Bogues (shortest player ever to play in the NBA) and it should be lived for Christ, not for self.

Note: Dedicated to Late Former President John Evans Atta Mills

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMPTY STARS

GARISSA ATTACK

VISTA VIGIL