Grow Up!


Besides the ponytail I forcibly created below my occipital bun, (yes, my famous rear cranial projection that many girls laughed at), I thought myself a rock star many times without count.
Using the broken handle from my badminton racquet, I would sing my heart out - whispering along while the radio provided the needed audio.

It was soo fun, I would disturb the knob as I constantly changed the station when annoying commercials set in. The only problem - the mimicry transcended music.
You know, just like when the mid-nineties installment of the Amazing Spider Man™ came out, I imagined webs shot from my palms and swung around the sitting room. Of course, my knees and ankles suffered as a result, thanks to the center table.

You know what, I miss those times. I didn't have a care in the world. No bills to worry about.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy adulthood - changing my passwords at every login, forgetting what multiplying matrices looks like, the gradually receding hairline, and more. Trust me, it's a thrill.
But there's something there I wish I had retained. Not sure what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMPTY STARS

GARISSA ATTACK

VISTA VIGIL